Open Up Your Eyes You Keep On Crying Baby I’ll Bleed You Dry

Wow.

It’s been quite a week. First, on Monday I got my first offer on my house. You know what they say, the first offer is usually the best one, so after a few negotiations back and forth, we settled on a price, which I was alright with, I mean I already knew I was going to lose money on this deal so I just had to go with it.

Turns out, if this deal goes through we’ll be moving back in with my parents for a bit. The possession date is April 10th. Tuesday, a weird date, I know. But that means I have 3 weeks until I have to be packed up and moved out. And Easter weekend is in there. Not that I do a ton for that holiday, but it does throw a wrench in the time sensitive situation.

I’m totally not prepared for this move. I haven’t started packing a single thing. I don’t know which storage/shipping company I’l be using. I have no idea who I could get to help. Scratch that I have an idea but I currently can’t ask them. Also, and most importantly, I haven’t found a place to move in Kelowna yet…. so there’s that.

Another curveball? My car. I was pulling out of a parking lot with my kids last week and there was a grinding sound as I turned the wheel. So I stopped and got out to take a look. Lucky me, my front tire (ok here’s where it becomes SOOO apparent that I know very little about cars, feel free to laugh at my awful description) had somehow come slightly off the car… whichever part it was supposed to be attached to, and was just kinda resting there sideways. So I had to call a tow truck while the kids played in a nearby McDonald’s playplace. The tow truck driver was super helpful and nice to the kids. He ended up giving us a ride home and honked the airhorn a couple times for them. He even worked it out so that my damage from the previous rear-ending from January (that I’d yet to deal with, since it really didn’t affect the car’s day to day running) and this tire issue could all be fixed at once at this mechanic he knew.

So he towed my car to the mechanic’s who called me up a couple days later, saying that when he called the dealership for parts, turns out there was a recall on that part, and if I brought it to the dealership, they would fix it for free. Great I’m thinking. Except when I call the dealership, they’re making a big deal about how they can’t be sure it was the actual part on recall that caused the damage so they couldn’t guarantee anything. I’d have to tow it there and have them look at it first. I’m like my mechanic called asking for this specific part, and YOUR the ones who told him that there was a recall on that part soooooo? Then I asked if they would pay for me towing it to their shop etc. and again they were like well we can’t be sure the damage was caused by this particular part being defective so we won’t pay for anything until we know.

So anyways, now I have to pay a second time to have it towed to the dealership, on the off chance they will fix it for free. If they say it’s not because of this recalled part, then I have to have it towed back to the mechanic’s, who I’ll remind you already said it was this defective part that caused the issue.

So confusing and frustrating.

Meanwhile, I spent the first day ubering before realizing that would cost me a fortune and have now been in a rental car for over a week, and at this rate, it could be upwards of 2 more weeks before I get my car back. A car that I hated in the beginning.

If I wasn’t moving and dealing with a new house, I would’ve just bought a new car instead.

Next, I think something is going on with E. He’s been messing up on support payments lately, so I’ve been trying to call or text him about it, but he never answers. Plus, I think I mentioned how he hadn’t seen the kids since January. Well yesterday was his birthday and Little E called to say happy birthday. It was the most awkward call ever. Even more so than normal.

At the start of the call, E mumbled something and neither Little E nor I understood it, but Little E, said “Hi it’s E Happy Birthday” and so E said oh thank you… and then nothing. So there was this awkward pause, and then Little E finally asked where he was, and E said he was making his bed. So Little E asked again “Where are you” E replied making my bed. So I stepped in and said he wants to know where you are in the world not what you are doing. Which is when E said he was here in town. Apparently, E said he’s been here for a week, but that doesn’t add up with anything he’s been telling me recently.

So today when we went for lunch at my parents, my mom and I were talking about, and she thinks E may have lost his job. Great. There goes child support.

I just felt bad for Little E. The call was awful to listen to and Little E is slowly losing his male role models one by one. It was just hard to see the look on his face as he talked to the man who was supposed to be his dad, and see him so disappointed. Yet I couldn’t do anything about it.

I’m just frustrated with it, and hurt. For my kids, I hurt for my kids. The deserve so much better. They deserve a dad who cares for them. Who is capable of caring. Who never walks away. Even if things get tough.

And I failed to give them that.

Let’s just say a lot of tears have been shed this week for a lot of reasons.


-Kings Of Leon/Closer-

I Feel Like My Words Have Only Given Way To Brief Intentions But No Intent For Action

So house #1. The original one that I liked? The pending deal fell through and so it was back in the market on Thursday night. My boss and the real estate agent both texted me within minutes of each other, albeit both to say very different things. My boss A had been gone all week on a hunting trip so he was just doing a quick relay of information since his phone had been out of service most of the week while he was in the bush. By this point though, I already knew that the offer we had put in on house #2 was a no go and so I had asked the real estate agent to keep an eye on the original house #1… the one I ACTUALLY wanted lol. So since the condo docs on house #2 looked awful, and we pulled out of the deal (you know the one where my company was buying the place for me, and I would buy it from them once I sold my house here…) I just wanted to keep tabs on house #1, just in case.

As luck would have it, whatever deal that was pending on my fav house #1 went sour and so I got the text. Which I was ecstatic about. That is, until A started changing the plans.

While we were in Kelowna, he discussed with his dad and confirmed my raise. So no official problem there. I’m not going to complain about being under 30 years old and making $60,000+ a year. I’ve worked hard to get where I am, and I’m going to enjoy all that I’ve earned. What I’m not really impressed with though, is all this back and forth on A’s part. When I mentioned how house #1 was back on the market, and could we consider the same arrangement that we had with house #2, but with a house I actually really wanted this time, he basically, without outright saying it (which is even more annoying) said I’m on my own now.

Because of the increase to my salary, the company is basically like C you’re on your own now. You’ll look slightly better on paper, and “hopefully” you’ll qualify for something more (I won’t) and good luck with it all. But nope, they are no longer willing to buy the property and sell it to me later down the road. Of course all this I had to extract from a very long drown out conversation that could’ve just been explained in… well, 30 seconds like I just did.

I wouldn’t be so frustrated if this wasn’t something that A had originally offered in the first place. It’s not like I went begging to him asking him to do this favor for me. This was something that he brought to the table, suggesting we do to try to make the transition as smooth as possible. But now he’s reneging on the offer. Instead he’s throwing out “suggestions” like I just go ahead and sell my place and move all my stuff out there in store pods, and rent a place for a while. Then when/if something comes up, move into it at that point, if I qualify at that time. A lot of maybe’s and variables in that sentence hey. Not how I like to do things.

I basically told him flat-out that no, for me, that’s not an option.

I don’t want to have to move my kids twice. If I’m moving them cross province, I want to move them straight into the home that they will be able to start settling into right away. Not a place where most of our stuff is in storage for who knows how long. Then try to get them comfortable with a new city, new school, new friends, and then in a few weeks, or months or who knows how long, have to move them again? If I can even find a place at that point? Not at all interested.

A was like well think about it, because it might be our only option. I”m like dude if that’s my “only option” then I’m not going. I’m not forcing this on my kids, or myself just to make it convenient for you. This company isn’t the end all be all for me. And if worst comes to worst then I just don’t go.

I know I’d have no issue finding another job if necessary. I’ve gotten every job I’ve ever interviewed for. But I know that won’t be an issue in this case. A wants J (my co-worker) and I working for him. Because between the 3 of us, we do the amount of work that used to take 4 people, so I know I save him a ton of money salary wise, with him not having to pay a fourth employee.

So I know in the end it will work out, but A just tends to be overly dramatic in his decision-making. One day he’s up and the next day he’s down, and just when you think you have him figured out, on the third day he’ll show up with a thought way out in left field. So like I told J, I’m going to stick to my own plan, and have my own ideas in my head of how this move should work out, and plod along at my own steady pace. A can continue with his sporadic ups/downs lefts/rights, and in the end, hopefully our paths meet up. Preferably in Kelowna lol

As far as my plan? I’m not looking at any houses now, and probably not until the new year. Once January comes, I’ll work on getting my financing in order (on my own, maybe with my parents co-signing, nothing with the company) then when I have that, I’ll start-up the house hunt again, along with listing my place. To me that seems like plenty of time to have things prepared for a June move.

I explained this to A, at least the whole part about thinking it was premature to be looking at more houses now, especially if I’m not planing on buying until the new year anyways, and he was all in agreement on that…. But then turns around THE NEXT DAY and sends me links to 3 different houses “for reference.” Like common buddy. Drop it already.

You’ve told me I’m on my own. You told me to handle it.

Let me handle it.


-We Came As Romans/I Can’t Make Your Decisions For You-